The Sir William McPherson was a steel dredge, built in 1912 for the Melbourne Harbour Trust. with a length of 51.9 metres, beam was 10.5 meters. She was scuttled on the 12th of May 1949.
The ship has boilers at the stern which make for a nice swim through. The engine exhausts are still sitting vertical and there is a large anchor near the bow.
There are plenty of Nannygai fish all around the wreck along with bullseye and catfish in abundance.
She now sits in around 55 metres of water and can be subject to small currents.
Water type: SaltWater Temperature: 10-20CCertification: Tech60Depth: 55M